Replacing Refined, White Flour with Whole Grains
Foods made from whole grains are just that, WHOLE. They contain the entire grain kernel consisting of all three parts: the bran, the germ, and the endosperm. The bran and germ contain important antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber that do not exist in refined, white flour.
Benefits of Replacing Refined, White Flour with Whole Grains:
- stroke risk reduced 30-36%
- type 2 diabetes risk reduced 21-30%
- reduced risk of asthma
- healthier carotid arteries
- reduction of inflammatory disease risk
- lower risk of colorectal cancer
- healthier blood pressure levels
Try this delicious whole grain, high fiber Blueberry & Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad.
Download the Whole Grain PDF.