At Miles Perret Cancer Services, our mission is to help families in Acadiana fight, survive, and live with cancer. Our core focus is on meeting our clients where they are with care and compassion and offering a community that supports them in every part of their journey.
MPCS is seeking a Wellness Manager who is passionate about our mission, enthusiastic about supporting our clients, and eager to promote our values of continuous improvement, teamwork, humility, kindness, and dedication.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in exercise, nutrition, and program planning, and be exceptionally detail-oriented and motivated to thrive as a member of our team.
The Wellness Manager is responsible for managing the MPCS Wellness Center and working with clients in a manner that is consistent with our mission to help families fight, survive, and live with cancer. Key aspects of this vital role include:
- Plan and implement exercise and wellness classes for cancer clients:
Plan and manage wellness programs year-round.
- Conduct assessments of new clients including intake, medical/cancer history, recording vital signs, teaching target heart rate and RPE, setting goals, and creating individual exercise plans.
- Assist clients with individual exercise plans, update exercise plans as needed, and record progress.
- Fax and document physician approval, and follow-up with client for program appointments.
- Teach group exercise classes (dance, Pilates, Yoga, etc.) and/or schedule classes with instructors. Plan guest series classes quarterly.
- Document all client visits in MPCS client database and maintain confidentiality.
Maintain the Wellness Center facilities, including managing the opening and closing procedures.Promote the MPCS Wellness services to cancer clients, physicians, and the general public.
- Plan a variety of wellness programs (including nutrition education), provide feedback, and complete evaluations as needed.
- Research latest cancer wellness information for bulletin boards, website, and client handouts.
- Create quarterly wellness e-newsletter and manage Wellness Center Facebook group.
- Provide coverage of wellness programs and classes held weekly both during and after business hours (evenings and weekends).
Manage UL interns from departments of Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Health Promotion.
- Follow-up with clients and physicians’ offices to answer questions about Wellness Center programs.
- Attend special MPCS client events such as nutrition classes, National Cancer Survivors Day, etc.
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
A bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and a CPR/AED certification are required. Experience working with special populations such as cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and an ACSM certification as a Health Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer are desired. Pilates and yoga certification is a plus. The candidate should be a good-natured self-starter and multitasker and have strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, management, and technology skills.
Those interested in this position must submit the following:
1. Letter of Interest – please include responses to the following questions in your Letter of Interest:
- What most excites you to join our MPCS team as our Wellness Manager?
- What has been your most rewarding experience working with others toward a shared mission?
3. Three references including:
- First and Last name
- A brief description of their relationship to you
- Contact Information (email + phone number where they may be reached)
Screening of applicant materials will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.